How to submit our new site to search engine.
Generelly web developers build sites or web application and think they completed their job, ofcourse it is. There is a little bit task is that submit the site to search engines like google,yahoo,bing and ask.Search engines will crawl the sites from TLD’s zone files in regular interval. So the main entry point for the site is index page of the site. from there search engines crawl the site,if the index page has proper linked. So if a page of our site to be submitted to search engine, it should be linked atleast on other pages. In most cases it won’t happen completely. In some cases our site or web application is complexed or user generated content.
So we should make a site map that has all site pages indexed in the specified format or protocal from the sitemap.org . We submit this sitemap.xml to search engines by ping . Even there is no use of sitemap.xml in the point of SEO (search engine optimisation) , but our site will be indexed properly .
Ping the search engines
Why we ping the search engins?
- Search engine takes some time to crawl the web site depending on its schedule.
- May be some web applications content is generated dynamically by users in timely manner .
- In some cases our web site can not be properly inter linked to all our web pages.
- improper navigation system.
- Some content may be accessed by ajax only ,not for search engines.
- Updating the web site content in regular interval, but search engine takes time to update that content.
What is sitemap.xml?
- Sitemap is an easy way for webmasters to inform search engines about pages on their sites that are available for crawling. In its simplest form, a Sitemap is an XML file that lists URLs for a site along with additional metadata about each web page. You can see the detail protocal or format by visiting sitemaps.org
How to build sitemap.xml?
- We can code the sitemap.xml if our web site is dynamically generated content.
- We can build manually sitemap.xml ,if our site is static and has less pages.
- We can build sitemap.xml by online tools,if our site is large and has more static pages.
How can we submit the sitemap.xml to search engins?
- We can submit the sitemap.xml to search engine by manually in regular interval , weekly ,daily,monthly or when our web content is modified.
- We can submit the sitemap.xml by scripting or coding with cron job with some regular interval or when our web content updated.
What are the submitting URLs of search engines?
MSN or Bing :
Ping the above serch engine submit urls
Just open your web browser address bar and copy the above URLS by replacing www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml with your sitemap url.
Submitting sitemap with PHP
<?php @file_get_contents("http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http://www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml"); @file_get_contents("http://search.yahooapis.com/SiteExplorerService/V1/updateNotification?appid=YahooDemo&url=http://www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml"); @file_get_contents("http://submissions.ask.com/ping?sitemap=http://www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml"); @file_get_contents("http://www.bing.com/webmaster/ping.aspx?siteMap=http://www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml"); ?>